The Faculty Development Center serves as a central resource for Bellarmine faculty. We offer a variety of resources, programs, and activities that support faculty in teaching, scholarship, and service and encourage collegial conversation on these topics. Our programs and services are available to full-time and part-time faculty who wish to explore the intricacies of the teaching-learning relationship, as well as its connections to scholarship and service.
The mission of the Faculty Development Center is to promote teaching and learning as collaborative processes that inspire inquiry, reflection, and excellence in the classroom, in scholarship, and in service.
The center’s goals are to:
- Promote evidence-based practices in innovative, engaging, and effective teaching;
- Assist faculty with personal and scholarly reflection on teaching and learning;
- Cultivate dialogue about teaching and learning as they interface with scholarship and service through a variety of programs and workshops;
- Develop and provide resources to the university community to advance teaching and learning; and
- Create a culture of hospitality for new faculty as they acclimate to the Bellarmine community.
The center is located in Horrigan 209, on the second floor of the main administration building on the Bellarmine Campus. Its hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The mailing address and phone are:
Faculty Development Center
209 Horrigan Hall
2001 Newburg Road
Louisville, KY 40205