The Faculty Development Center serves as a central resource for Bellarmine faculty. We offer a variety of resources, programs, and activities that support faculty in teaching, scholarship, and service and encourage collegial conversation on these topics. Currently, our primary programs include:
- Instructional Technology Support: The FDC staff provides instructional handouts, workshops, and one-on-one instruction for faculty using Blackboard, Turnitin, and many other campus technologies.
- Knight-to-Knight Mentoring Program: The Knight-to-Knight Program pairs each new tenure-track faculty member with a seasoned mentor. The program is designed to build community, acclimate faculty to Bellarmine, and offer positive faculty role models to our new faculty.
- Learning Communities: Faculty Learning Communities serve as an extended learning opportunity to foster collaboration among colleagues on a specialized topic to enhance their teaching, scholarship, or service. Current faculty learning communities include one specifically designed for adjunct faculty on enhancing teaching and learning; one for faculty who are interested in finding new ways to enhance their use of instructional technology in the classroom; one designed around a book study of ways to infuse contemplative practice into the classroom; and one for current Moodle users.
- New Faculty Orientation: In addition to welcoming all new faculty to our campus community, our New Faculty Orientation sessions provide essential information, guest speakers, webinars, and group discussion on pertinent topics.
- Spotlight Series: Established in 2011, the spotlight series offers 3-4 faculty professional development sessions each month, around a specific monthly theme. Presenters may be outside speakers or Bellarmine faculty and staff. Monthly sessions include “Wednesday Webinars” and “Collaborative Conversations,” both providing opportunities for faculty to continue their dialogue on a variety of topics.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 502.272.8089.