Outside the Classroom Experiences
The Louisville area offers a wide variety of museums, historical landmarks, professional agencies, restaurants and social spaces, many of which could be sites for co-curricular experiences. Locations under consideration for the 2014-2015 year include:
- LC dinners in the halls and on the town (Ramsii’s Café on the World, Heine Bros. Coffee, Café Lou Lou, DakShin, and others)
- Trips around Louisville and the surrounding region (International Museum of Surgical Science, Waverly Hills Sanatorium, Frazier Rehab Institute at Jewish Hospital, Chicago Museum of Science & Engineering)
- Intramural sports (click here to see spring 2012 intramural sports offerings)
- Opportunities to engage with professionals in your fields of interest –neonatal/pediatric nursing, forensic nursing, physical therapy, sports medicine, medical examiners
- Community service opportunities at such facilities as the VA Medical Center, Kosair Children’s Hospital
- LC challenges
- Social events, including group movie and television viewings, cookouts, plays, lectures, readings, and other campus and off-campus cultural and entertainment events.
- Local hospitals and health agencies such as the Kleinert and Kuntz Leatherman Spine Center, Norton Healthcare and the Heuser Clinic.