Accreditation and State Licensure Information
Bellarmine University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees. Inquiries related to this accreditation or complaints against the commission or its accredited institutions can be directed to: Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097. Phone 404.679.4500. Learn more here.
Bellarmine University is licensed to operate as an independent institution in Kentucky by the Kentucky Council on Post-Secondary Education (CPE). To file a complaint against an institution licensed by CPE, please submit your complaint in writing to Sarah Levy, Director of Postsecondary Licensing, Council on Postsecondary Education, 1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320, Frankfort, KY 40601 firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, click here.
In addition, Bellarmine’s professional schools are externally accredited by the following accrediting bodies listed below by school.
W. Fielding Rubel School of Business
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
Annsley Frazier Thornton School of Education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE ) and Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB)
Donna and Allan Lansing School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Nursing – Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE ) and Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN)
- Physical Therapy – Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE )
- Medical Laboratory Science – National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
The Respiratory Therapy Program (offering the Bachelor of Health Science degree in Louisville, KY) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) (www.coarc.com).
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, Texas 76021-4244
To review the university and/or school or program accreditation or licensure, please contact Dr. Cindy Gnadinger (email@example.com) in the Office of Academic Affairs (Horrigan Hall).