Financial Aid Checklist
- Apply for Admission! Simply submit your application for admission by the program application deadline and complete your admission file.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Get started on filing your FAFSA by requesting a Personal Identification Number. Be sure to list Bellarmine’s school code, 001954 on the FAFSA. The FAFSA form is the only financial aid application that Bellarmine requires. A FAFSA must be completed every year that a student is in college to receive federal aid.
- Follow-up with any necessary paperwork and forms. 30 percent of all students who file a FAFSA are selected by the federal government for review in a process called verification. If you are selected for verification, you will be notified by the federal processors by email and then by Bellarmine’s Office of Financial Aid with a letter. Be sure to turn in all of the requested documents so that the financial aid process can be complete.
- Check out your financial aid package. Once your financial aid package is complete, you will receive a postcard in the mail letting your know that your comprehensive financial aid package is ready to review online. At that time, you will be able to accept or decline each of the financial aid options available to you and to seek out other loan options, as well.
- Need help? Contact us! The Office of Financial Aid is always willing to assist with any questions that you may have about affording a Bellarmine education. We can be reached Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at 502.272.7300 or by calling 1.800.274.4723 ext. 7300.
You can also email us at email@example.com
All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who submit a FAFSA expand their financial aid opportunities, regardless of their demonstrated financial need. Eligibility for loans and scholarships reduce your costs.