Financial Aid Information for Graduate Students
Federal Stafford Loans
- Unsubsidized (non-need-based, accrues interest) – 5.41% fixed
- Repayment begins 6 months after graduating or ceasing half-time enrollment
Requirements Annual Loan Limits
- Admitted to a graduate program
- Degree-seeking graduate or professional student
- Enrolled at least half-time (three credit hours per semester)
Aggregate Loan Limits
- $20,500 each academic year (fall and spring)
- loans for summer depend on remaining loan eligibility of previous academic year
- $138,500 total debt from all Stafford Loans
Other Financing Options Grad PLUS Loan Alternative Loans
- Consider Federal Stafford Loan eligibility prior to applying for alternative loan
- You may not borrow more than the annual cost of attendance less other financial aid and resources. Please consider loan amounts and borrow only what you need.
- Contact the Graduate Admission Office for program-related scholarships
- For outside scholarship opportunities, click here.
Deadlines for Financial Aid
You can file the FAFSA at any time within the academic year but are advised to file early to ensure your aid is awarded before the start of class. The 2013-2014 FAFSA can be completed anytime before June 30th, 2014.
Office of Financial Aid
Horrigan Hall, Room 202
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 - 5