RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Details
This track is for registered nurses who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The curriculum is designed to be completed on a part-time basis. RNs who wish to be full-time students may meet with their faculty advisor to plan their course of study. The program generally takes 2.5 years to complete.
Procedure for Admission
- Complete the RN-BSN in Nursing Application.
- Submit a $25 application fee (fee waived for Bellarmine alumni).
- Provide proof of completion of a state-approved pre-licensure program for registered nursing.
- Final official transcript(s) from each college or university attended should be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission and not be marked “Issued to Student”.
- If any transcripts or undergraduate degree(s) are from an international institution you must provide an official copy of a third party course by course credential evaluation. The following organizations offer this service and information regarding processes and fees available at: www.aacrao.org, www.wes.org and www.ece.org. The Office of Graduate Admission reserves the right to request a certified copy of the original transcript(s).
- Validation of an unencumbered RN licensure by the Nursing Department; verification placed on file with the Office of the Registrar.
- A personal interview, if requested by the Admission, Progression and Graduation Committee.
- If your undergraduate degree is from an international institution, you were born outside the United States, or English is your second language, you will be required to submit an official TOEFLiBT (internet-based test) total score of 83 or higher and a 26 or higher on the speaking test. We will also consider an equivalent score on the IELTS or MELAB tests. The Admission, Progression and Graduation Committee reserves the right to require a TOEFL score from any applicant.
Note: Graduates from non-regionally accredited diploma or associate degree programs who meet the admission criteria above will be awarded 28 hours of lower level nursing credit at the time of application for graduation from the RN to BSN degree program, approximately one year prior to degree completion.
Please complete the items above under Procedure for Admission and submit the following:
U.S. law requires financial statements from a bank or other financial institution certifying the student’s ability to fund the cost of attendance for one academic year minus the amount of any scholarship dollars received. Figures should be in U.S. dollars and must be certified as an official document by the bank or financial institution. A sponsor may be used if the sponsor attaches a signed affidavit stating that he/she will financially support the student until completion of a degree at Bellarmine University. If a sponsor is used, the sponsor’s bank statement should accompany the letter. The amount that would need to be shown is $30,841. This amount includes tuition and fees associated with the program and an average cost for living expenses, books, supplies, health insurance, transportation and personal expenses.
All application materials should be mailed directly to:
Office of Graduate Admission
2001 Newburg Road
Louisville, KY 40205
Tuition and Fees
Graduate Tuition Rates
Student loans are available to all students who can demonstrate financial need. Students applying for assistance must be registered for three or more graduate credit hours and submit a Stafford Loan application to the Office of Financial Aid.
For information on financial aid, click here.