Home School Students
Bellarmine University encompasses a small, Catholic liberal arts education that allows home school students to thrive. The
small classes, caring faculty and student support services allow the home school students to acclimate very quickly to campus. Bellarmine has
always welcomed home school students and home school students have historically done very well. Bellarmine is driven to continue to meet
the needs of the ever-growing home school population to ensure that they are successful.
"Bellarmine is a good fit for me as a home-schooled student because it challenges me intellectually and I have the opportunity to use my experiences in my learning. BU provides many social opportunities that are easy to participate in, even if you don’t know anybody, and BU provides the opportunity for students to get involved and develop leadership skills. I have found Bellarmine University to be a great fit for me."
- Bellarmine Student, Tracy Law
Home School Student Application Process
When a home school student applies to Bellarmine, the Admission Counselor and Dean of Admission will review the application on an individual basis. Here is a list of requirements for home school applicants to submit to our office for admission:
- Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission.
- Pay your application fee of $25. The application fee is waived if the application is received before November 1.
- Submit official ACT/SAT scores.
- A transcript or list of courses completed including a grading scale that states the numerical value of a letter grade.
- A recommendation from the school counselor or person (coach, pastor, etc) that can speak of the student’s character and academic ability.
- If any high school credit was earned in a formal high school setting, the applicant must supply a copy of the official partial transcript from the respective school.
The Admission Office may request additional information in making an admission decision.