How to Apply: Bilateral Exchange Students
Bilateral Exchange International Students will complete the following application procedures:
These Exchange Students will want to work closely with their home institution coordinator. All application materials and supporting documents will be submitted to the home institution coordinator who will in turn forward the completed application and nomination to Bellarmine’s International Office.
Bilateral Exchange Students will provide their home institutions with the following documents:
- A hard copy of the Bellarmine Application Form (Bilateral exchange students do not need to submit an application fee, this is waived)
- Statement of Purpose (in English) outlining academic and professional goals
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from former professors and/or employers attesting to the candidate's educational potential.
- Official Transcripts from your current institution
- If English is your second language, a TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB score is required. A minimum total score of 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL (reading, listening, writing & speaking), 6 on the IELTS and 78 on the MELAB is required. Bellarmine's TOEFL code number is 1056.
- U.S. law requires financial statements from a bank or other financial institution certifying the student’s ability to fund for one semester or academic year (depending on the length of exchange). Figures should be in U.S. dollars and must be certified as an official document by the bank or financial institution. Students receiving scholarships from their home institution or Bellarmine may deduct those funds from the cost of attendance. A sponsor may be used, if the sponsor attaches a signed letter stating that he/she will support the student until completion of a degree at Bellarmine University.