How to Apply: Degree Seeking International Students
- A completed application Apply Online Now • International Student Application (pdf)
- A $25 application fee (must be U.S. currency)
- Certified copies of official school records:
- Freshmen must submit secondary school records.
- Transfer students must submit college and/or university academic transcripts.
- Transfer students with less than 24 transferable semester credit hours must submit secondary school records in addition to college/university transcripts. An evaluation of international academic credits must be completed before any university credits can be transferred to Bellarmine University. This evaluation should be from a third party such as AACRAO and official copies must be sent directly from the third party to Bellarmine University.
- Certified copies must be translated into English and must bear the school's official seal.
- If English is your second language, a TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB score is required. A minimum total score of 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL (reading, listening, writing & speaking), 6 on the IELTS and 78 on the MELAB is required. Bellarmine's TOEFL code number is 1056.
- U.S. law requires financial statements from a bank or other financial institution certifying the student’s ability to fund the cost of attendance for one academic year. Figures should be in U.S. dollars and must be certified as an official document by the bank or financial institution. Some students may be eligible for a partial scholarship from Bellarmine University, which may be deducted from the yearly cost of attendance. A sponsor may be used, if the sponsor attaches a signed letter stating that he/she will support the student until completion of a degree at Bellarmine University.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from former professors and/or employers attesting to the candidate's educational potential.
- Statement of Purpose - A letter outling academic and professional goals
When to Apply
Application and Testing Requirements