Online ARC Tudor Application
Click below to complete the online application.
General Job Description and Expectations
- Work with students individually or lead weekly group sessions.
- Participate in full day of intensive tutor training in August and January and attend additional mandatory ARC meetings as required throughout the semester. If you are required to do so, complete online training by the assigned deadline to make up for missing live training.
- Communicate with all ARC staff and students in a timely and appropriate fashion, including responding to email and phone contacts within 24 hours.
- Employ student-centered tutoring techniques that build on the students’ knowledge and encourage them to participate and be independent in their learning.
- Maintain a positive, encouraging, and mature attitude with students.
- Comply with ARC policies for tutor conduct, confidentiality, and code of ethics.
- Meet with professors as needed to stay up-to-date on progress and course changes.
- Tutors must complete an application and agree that the ARC will check their academic transcript. You will need to log in to MyBellarmine in order to fill out the application.
- Tutors must receive a B or higher in the courses for which they tutor.
- Tutors must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Potential tutors should have at least one Peer Tutor Recommendation Form from a professor, supervisor, or advisor. Please send the following link to your recommender to have them complete at their earliest convenience: https://bellarmine.wufoo.com/forms/peer-tutor-recommendation-form/
Click here for a list of courses for which you may apply.
All new tutors receive hourly pay, which includes pay for required training, meetings, and preparation time (including meetings with professors).