The Pioneer Scholars program aims to help make first-generation students more aware of the resources and support available on campus, but also to offer engaging and exciting events .
The Pioneer Scholars Program sponsors many fantastic activities and events every Tuesday during free period (11:00AM). By participating in the Pioneer Program you will meet new people and benefit from the guidance of a peer mentor. Below are some of the great opportunities you can enjoy as a pioneer scholar:
- Exclusive information on registering for classes, how to study in college, how to get involved on campus, how to prepare for finals, stress relief techniques, and career exploration.
- Constant support & motivation to make the transition from high school to college successful.
- Interaction with faculty and staff on campus.
- Connect with other first generation students at Bellarmine.
- Guidance and advice from peer mentors that are available and willing to meet anytime throughout the year.
- Volunteer opportunities to help give back to Louisville organizations and the community.
- Opportunity to gain leadership experience and help others by applying to be a Pioneer peer mentor.
- Welcome gift for attending the first Pioneer event of the year.
- A free T-shirt & Sweatshirt with the exclusive Pioneer Scholars logo.
- Periodic free lunches served to you and your group.
- Free chance to win bookstore give-aways for members that are present at each Tuesday event.
- Free tickets to campus events (Ball on the Belle).
- Students who actively participate throughout the entire academic year will receive a $100.00 BU Bookstore voucher.
- Active Pioneer Scholars will also receive a special first generation cord to wear at Bellarmine graduation.