The Writing Center invites instructors from across the curriculum to inquire about involving us in their course to integrate writing and peer collaboration.
Presentations and In-Class Workshops
We can visit your class to provide basic information about the Writing Center or collaborate on facilitating an interactive workshop on a specific part of the writing process relevant to your assignment and students. Here are some of the workshop topics that we can facilitate:
- Getting Started: Developing a Writing Plan
- Organization: From Planning to Paragraphing
- So What?: Moving from Facts to Arguable Thesis Statements
- Using Sources: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing
- Introduction to Peer Review + Peer Review Workshop
- Decoding Feedback & Revising
- Citation Basics + MLA, APA, or Chicago
- Writing the Personal Statement for Graduate or Professional School
- What do your BU professors say about college writing (Freshman Focus only)
We will work with you to individualize the presentation for your needs! We are also available to collaborate with clubs or organizations.
Refer Individual Students to the Writing Center
Please positively encourage all students to visit the Writing Center—remind them that we are a great resource for all students and not a punishment. When you refer students, give them the Writing Center's website so they can make an appointment: bellarmine.edu/writingcenter. Ensure that students know how to make an appointment and where to find the Writing Center (ARC, Library B-level).
Suggested Language for Syllabi
Writing Center (ARC)
You are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the Writing Center, located in the ARC, for additional assistance on your written work in this class. A writing consultant will discuss with you your current writing project at any stage and assist you on deciding what your next step should be. You can schedule your visit to the Writing Center and view available hours here.
Contact the Writing Center Director
If you have any questions about the Writing Center, please contact Cassie Book, Writing Center Director.
Office: Library B-17