High School Scholarship Program
Would You Like to Get a Head Start on Your University Courses?
A limited number of competitive academic based scholarships are available for two classes to be taken during summer session after high school graduation (before your freshman year in college). Students who have been admitted to Bellarmine University and are planning on attending Bellarmine University are eligible to apply for the High School Scholarship Program.
The scholarship covers two courses -- six semester credits total. The courses includes ACCT 101 - Principles of Financial Accounting and one other 100 level course selected from Bellarmine University's Summer Class Schedule. Registration is limited to seats available in classes after regular registration is completed.
ACCT 101 - Principles of Financial Accounting (3 credits) is designed for all business majors to present the essential core concepts of financial accounting and a complete overview of financial statement reporting. The focus is on introducing the principles and practices of financial information presentation, interpretation, and analysis. Financial reporting and analysis is approached from the perspective of the users of the information, both external and internal to the business enterprise.
- Scholarship covers tuition and fees for two classes. Scholarship does not reduce Bellarmine University scholarship awards for entering full-time students.
- Lighter class loads during your academic career at Bellarmine University.
- Start upper division classes in your major earlier.
- Earlier eligibility for internships in accounting and business firms.
- May allow earlier university graduation.
- May allow completion of 150 credit hour requirement for becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) within four years.
- Allows earlier entry to and completion of Bellarmine University MBA program.
How to Apply for the High School Scholarship Program
To apply, please send me an e-mail with the following information included in a separate attachment.
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- High School
- Year in School
- Planned College Major
- Brief Description of Career Plans
- Transcript to Date
- ACT, SAT, and/or PSAT Scores
- Letter of Recommendation (from teacher, counselor, or business or accounting professional)
- Please list your first four choices of 100 level classes that you would like to take with ACCT 101. Students will be registered on a space-available basis.
If you have already applied for admission to Bellarmine University, we can obtain 9, 10, and 11 (above) from the Admissions office.
Audrey A. Gramling, PhD, CPA, CIA