As an active member of the Cooperative Center for Study Abroad and the Kentucky Institute for International Studies, Bellarmine is able to offer students a wide range of study abroad opportunities in art, including classes in drawing, photography, video, new media, art history and special topics. The school also provides service-learning and internship opportunities locally and internationally.
- The Art department hosts and Annual Student Show in the McGrath gallery, offering students a chance to exhibit their work and win cash awards. See photos from the 2011 Alumni Art Show.
- For Art majors, the Bellarmine experience culminates with a Senior Show, a solo or small-group exhibit showcasing the portfolio of work they’ve built during their final semesters of study.
- Art students are encouraged to contribute work to campus publications. Student work has been printed in the Lance, Bellarmine’s yearbook; the Bellarmine Alumni Magazine; the Ariel literary magazine; and The Concord, Bellarmine's student-run weekly campus paper.
- In 2010, Bellarmine Art majors founded the Art Club, a Registered Student Organization open to all students on campus and designed to offer social and educational opportunities outside of the classroom.
- A number of departmental scholarships are available throughout a student’s tenure at Bellarmine. These are awarded based on various points of merit including need, talent, and academics.
- High School seniors may apply for art scholarships by submitting a portfolio of their ten best pieces. This portfolio may be either digital or the actual work. For more information, please contact Prof. Laura Hartford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay updated by liking our Student Art Club on Facebook.