Upon graduation, each history/political science major will have an exit interview with department faculty. The purpose of this interview is to assess the program, not the individual student, and will not affect a student's eligibility for graduation.
Prior to the interview, each student will present a 500-word essay to the department. The essay will address the strengths and weaknesses of the major program, and how the student intends to use his or her major after graduation.
- Why did you choose history and/or political science as a major?
- Has your academic experience in the major prepared you for graduate or professional school?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the major as you see it?
- How have you changed since coming to Bellarmine, and how much of that change might be due to your choice of major?
- Which teaching methods or techniques helped you most in your studies? Do you have any suggestions for the improvement of instruction in the program?