During the academic year there are 70 - 80 talented majors studying, practicing, composing and performing in our Music Department. Here are some of the things that make our department unique:
- Emphasis on standard and commercial music including Classical Music, American Music, Music Technology, Experimental Electronic Music and Jazz Performance.
- Extensive opportunities for performance as a soloist or in ensembles and chamber groups.
- A curriculum that features individual applied music instruction fostering each student’s artistic development.
- A willingness to tailor the curriculum to meet the unique needs of each individual student.
- Extensive study abroad opportunities for our music students. Over 70 music majors have studied abroad in the last 10 years.
- Graduates of the music program have completed or are completing graduate degrees at NYU, The University of Louisville, University of Maryland, the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, the Savannah College of Art and Design, Florida State University, Minnesota State University and SUNY College in Purchase, New York.
- Some graduates have gone into other fields including Special Education, Chiropractic School, Visual Disabilities and Experiential Education.
- Other graduates are freelance musicians, teach in their own private studios or are teaching in both the private and public schools.
- Graduates of our program also hold positions as church organists and/or music directors.
Surf a little and find out what we're all about.
News and Information
Bellarmine offers a wide variety of study abroad options on 6 continents in over 50 countries and at over 150 partner campuses around the globe.
If you have questions about the music department or would like to schedule a visit and audition, contact:
S. Timothy Glasscock, Chair (email)
Bellarmine University Music Department
Norton Music Building
2001 Newburg Road
Louisville, KY 40205