Condominium and Home Owner Association Best Practices
Review ‘technical issue’ basics that you need to know to be a good board member, including: Long-range financial reserve studies, creating an annual budget, reading the month-end financial statements, understanding your master deed and bylaws, the most important state laws, preventive maintenance check lists and emerging sustainability issues.
Learn about: rule enforcement and the planning, consensus building and communications ground work that precedes it; how to evaluate which rules matter most within your association; and the wisdom of choosing different forms of enforcement for different types of rule violation.
CESP 100 (01) / 2 Saturdays / Sept. 23 and 30, 2017 / 9 a.m. – noon / $89*
- CESP 100(02) / Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 / 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. / $99,* includes lunch
INSTRUCTOR: Patrick Hohman has been president of his condominium association for more than 20 years. He wrote the book “Condos Townhomes and Home Owner Associations: How to make your Investment Safer.”
*Please note – Condo and HOA Associations often pay this class fee through their Association’s Administrative, Communications or Training budget.
Guest speakers with long experience in the condo and HOA field present facts you need to know and respond to your questions.
Sept 23 & 30 (2 mornings)
- Solid Financial Foundation: Brian Cobb, CPA & Partner, Stuedle Spears & Co
- Long-Range Financial Reserve Studies and Preventive Maintenance Check Lists: Brent Eckhart, Partner, Reserve Data Analysis, Indianapolis, IN
- Key Legal Issues: Jessica D. Smith, Partner, Vaughn & Smith Law
- Key Insurance Issues: Cherie Brewer, Commercial Lines Manager, Sterling Thompson Agency
October 7 (all day with lunch)
- Solid Financial Foundation: Kevin Gibbs, CPA & Partner,
Louis T. Roth and Co.
- Long-Range Financial Reserve Studies and Preventive Maintenance Check Lists: Ken Wolff, Partner,
Reserve Data Analysis,
- Key Legal Issues: Mark J. Sandlin, Partner,
Goldberg Simpson Laww
- Key Insurance Issues: Mary Schmidt, Agency Owner,
Schmidt Insurance Agency
Register today on our homepage. Make sure you choose the section code that corresponds to the date(s) that interest you.