Via Lingua International is an institutional member of the International Association of Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Bellarmine University has partnered with Via Lingua to offer a non-credit Certificate Program that equips students with the basic skills and knowledge needed to take a position anywhere in the world as an EFL teacher. The Via Lingua job guidance program assists all successful graduates of the TEFL course in finding a suitable TEFL teaching position (visit www.vialingua.org).
The program comprises five components: TEFL pedagogy theory, language awareness, teaching skills, life skills and cultural awareness. To earn the TEFL certificate, a student must attend the full program – 130 hours (which includes 10 hours of assessed teaching practice) and complete all assignments. Classes are held at Bellarmine University. Supervised teaching practice will be held in the Louisville community.
Instructors: Christine Hutchins, MA., is a teacher of Chinese at Louisville Collegiate School. She is a member of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language.
- PROF 453 / Monday - Friday / June 5 - 30 / 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. / $1,995 (includes all materials) (no discounts)
- Deadline to register: Monday, April 25
- Prerequisite: Four-year degree
- Transportation is needed to field sites.
- For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register, call 502.272.8166 or click here.