Who We Are
Since 1995, Veritas has offered the pre-eminent learning experience to people over 54 in the Louisville area. Our mission is to keep our minds active, open and growing, with the goals of:
- understanding our past history and cultural heritage;
- keeping members informed on what is happening in the world now;
- understanding changes in the world and finding our place in it.
We are retired or semi-retired people: doctors, educators, homemakers, office workers, administrators, artists and executives. We are governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership.
Spring 2013 Semester
The Veritas Spring 2013 session runs from Monday, March 4 through Friday, April 12, 2013.
Catalogs will be mailed beginning January 16, 2013. Registration begins Tuesday, January 22 by USPS only. Registration closes on February 15.
Spring 2013 Course Catalog
Lunch and Learn
Veritas Lunch and Learn is back with 6 exciting new topics! Please note that the format varies.
- Thursday, March 7: (Brown Bag Format - free) Bellarmine University: Plans and Activities; Speaker: Joseph J. McGowan, President, Bellarmine University
- Friday, March 15: (Box Lunch Format - $13) Fund for the Arts: What's new? What's next?; Speaker: Barbara Sexton Smith, CEO
- Friday, March 22: (Brown Bag Format - free) 200th Anniversary Sisters of Charity: Impact on Louisville Community; Speakers: Sister Margaret and Sister Julie
- Thursday, March 28: (FULL) (Box Lunch Format - $13) Highlands History and the Role of a University Archivist; Speaker: Tom Owen, U of L Archivist, Metro Council Representative
- Friday, April 5: (Box Lunch Format - $13) Volunteers in Prison: Giving Dignity to Terminal Illness; Speaker: Tony Heitzman, Hospice Chaplain.
- Friday, April 12: (Brown Bag Format - free)Merger of University of Louisville Hospital with Kentucky One; Speaker: David L. Dunn, MD, Ph.D, Executive Vice President for Health Affairs, University of Louisville.
Click here to view Spring 2013 Lunch & Learn Registration Form