Application for Student Teaching
Application for Student Teaching must be filed with the Education Department during the spring semester prior to the term in which the student plans to student teach. Students must have been accepted into the teacher education program. General criteria for acceptance into student teaching are:
- Senior standing. This is determined at Bellarmine University by satisfactory completion of 90 or more semester hours of course work.
- An updated health questionnaire with current TB results.
- Completion of student teaching application and portfolio. In addition, the student's file is examined for current information and recommendations regarding field and laboratory experiences.
- Acceptable academic requirements. Student teaching candidates will have achieved the following:
- An overall academic standing of at least 2.5.
- An academic standing of at least 2.5 in the teaching major, minor, and teacher education program.
- Completion of three-fourths of all required professional Education courses with an academic standing of at least C+ in each course.
- Completion of at least three-fourths of the course work for the teaching major and/or all of the course work for the teaching minor if student teaching is to be completed in a minor subject area.
- Approval of the Teacher Education Committee. This decision is based upon evidence that the student demonstrates maturity, interpersonal and communication skills, and the attitude, knowledge, competence, and judgment necessary to be an effective teacher