Master Promissory Note
Federal regulations require borrowers of a Federal Direct Loan to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). This promissory note is your promise to repay the loan under the terms detailed within it. Before the Office of Financial Aid is able to disburse loan funds, it must have record that you have completed an MPN for each type of loan you accepted. To complete the MPN:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click the green “Sign In” button on the left.
- Enter your social security number, first two characters of your last name, date of birth and federal PIN.
- Click “Complete Master Promissory Note” at the center OR lower left of the page.
- Select the type of loan you have been awarded. Follow the instructions and read the information carefully to sign your MPN.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502.272.7300.