If you are a first-time Direct Stafford Loan borrower at Bellarmine University, you must complete Entrance Counseling to be informed of your rights and responsibilities. Federal Stafford counseling is done on the web. Loan funds cannot be disbursed until counseling is completed. New for first-time borrowers on or after July 1, 2013, 150% Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan limits apply.
To complete Entrance Counseling:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click the green “Sign In” button on the left. Enter your social security number, first two characters of your last name, date of birth and federal PIN.
- Click “Complete Entrance Counseling” at the center OR lower left of the page.
- Click on “Complete Entrance Counseling” towards the bottom of the page.
- Follow the instructions, read the information carefully and take the quiz.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502.272.7300.