If you are a first-time Direct Loan borrower at Bellarmine University, you must complete Entrance Counseling to be informed of your rights and responsibilities. Federal Direct Loan counseling is done on the web. Loan funds cannot be disbursed until counseling is completed. For first-time borrowers on or after July 1, 2013, 150% Direct Subsidized Loan limits apply.
To complete Entrance Counseling:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click the green “Log In” button on the top right. Enter your FSA ID Username and Password (if you do not have an FSA ID, follow the click here icon to create one).
- Click “Complete Counseling” at the center OR lower left of the page.
- Click on “Start Entrance Counseling" at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions, read the information carefully and answer the questions.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502.272.7300.