If you are a first-time Direct Loan borrower at Bellarmine University, you must complete Entrance Counseling to be informed of your rights and responsibilities. Federal Direct Loan counseling is done on the web. Loan funds cannot be disbursed until counseling is completed. For first-time borrowers on or after July 1, 2013, 150% Direct Subsidized Loan limits apply.
To complete Entrance Counseling:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click the green “Sign In” button on the left. Enter your social security number, first two characters of your last name, date of birth and federal PIN.
- Click “Complete Counseling” at the center OR lower left of the page.
- Click on “Start" button under Entrance Counseling.
- Follow the instructions, read the information carefully and answer the questions.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502.272.7300.