All students who borrow a Federal Direct and/or Graduate PLUS Loan are required to complete an exit interview before graduation or if enrollment falls below half-time status. Exit Counseling provides useful tips and information to help you manage your loans. The online counseling will walk you through your rights and responsibilities as well as provide useful information regarding repayment options, debt management strategies, forbearance, deferment, cancellation options, consolidation, and tax benefits.
To complete Exit Counseling:
- Go to www.studentloans.gov.
- Click the blue "Log In" button on the top right.
- Enter your FSA ID Username and Password (if you do not have an FSA ID, follow the click here icon to create one).
- Click on Complete Counseling.
- Click on Start Exit Counseling.
- Follow the instructions and read the information carefully.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502.272.7300.