Award-winning educator and renowned speaker with a passion for educational technology, Dr. Eric Wood believes that it is a top priority for urban schoolchildren to gain experiences that will make them college and career ready. His fervent call: creating college and career ready students through educational technology. A product of an urban school system, educator, and former principal, Dr. Wood speaks on the urgent need for incorporating technology in to instructional practices, and the importance of providing urban school children with access to technology in the classroom.
Dr. Wood is currently serves as a K-12 Educational Development Executive with Apple, Inc. A versatile speaker, he presents at national conferences, professional development workshops for educators, and seminars. Dr. Wood earned his B.S degree in Rehabilitative Services from University of Maryland Eastern Shore, his M.A. degree in Curriculum and Instruction from McDaniel College, and his doctoral degree from Bowie State University. He is also the recipient of numerous educational, professional and community awards and distinctions.
Keynote-Trends in the Transforming Learning Environment: What Educators Need to Know
Join us as we investigate how schools are using technology and student-centered learning environments to meet the short-term and long-term needs of today's students.
Here’s some of what you’ll experience at this keynote
- • Join a conversation about what’s working in education and what’s possible.
- • Discover how a digital learning environment can help you facilitate new approaches to teaching and learning.
- • Experience a variety of digital content, including Multi-Touch textbooks, and learning resources, and see how they support emerging trends in education.
- • Explore real-world strategies for creating and implementing a successful learning environment for today’s students.
- • Learn how to start the process of building a widespread agile culture of institutional innovation that can evolve, adapt to and integrate change.
You will leave the session excited, energized, and ready to lead your organization through the move to a digital learning environment—one that provides a personal, rigorous, and engaging experience for all students.