Bellarmine Faculty Led Study Abroad Procedures
Application Deadline: January 15
Study Abroad Application Process for Short-Term Bellarmine Programs
In order to be approved to participate in a BU
study abroad program, you will need to complete the following forms
for Bellarmine and bring them into the International Programs Office (Miles Hall 146-148).
- Bellarmine Study Abroad Application (pdf)
- The Bellarmine Faculty Led Program
Application (Italy, Ecuador, Mexico, Australia programs). This
application should be completed by the student and must be signed by
the student’s Dean before it is turned into the IPO.
- A letter of recommendation from a
Bellarmine Faculty member (This should be sent to the International
Programs Office, Miles Hall 146)
- You will need to attach a deposit to your application (the amount is outlined on the application). This may be paid via check to Bellarmine University or it may be paid directly to the bursar’s office via credit card. Please let the bursar know which program your funds should be applied to.
- The Bellarmine Release Agreement and Emergency Contact Forms (form online)
- Bellarmine encourages all students to apply for study abroad scholarships. For a complete listing please click here.
- All applicants must have attended Bellarmine for a minimum of 2 semesters, must meet minimum GPA requirements (varies per program) and must be in good academic and social standing.
Please feel free to set up an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor to discuss your scholarship options. Most summer scholarship deadlines are from December to mid-February.
All forms listed above must be turned in PRIOR TO the BU January 15 program application deadline. Please contact the Study Abroad Advisor (Erica Ward 502.272.8423) if you have questions about the application process. Late applications will only be accepted if there is availability. NO applications (whether there is availability or not) will be accepted after February 15.
After acceptance into a BU summer program and prior to departure:
- You must attend a MANDATORY pre-departure
meeting for Bellarmine summerstudy abroad participants. This will be
held on the Bellarmine campus in April.
The IPO will contact you with the location, date and time.
- You must complete and sign the pre-departure orientation attendance form.
- You must complete all required forms for the IPO and for your program director.
- You will need to come to the IPO
(Miles 146-148) to review your Bellarmine Emergency ID card
information and to verify that all of the information we have in
your file is up to date.
Check out the Pre-Departure page to learn more.