Application Deadline: January 15
Study Abroad Application Process for Short-Term Bellarmine Programs
In order to be approved to participate in a BU
study abroad program, you will need to complete the following forms
for Bellarmine and bring them into the International Programs Office (Miles Hall 146-148).
Please feel free to set up an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor to discuss your scholarship options. Most summer scholarship deadlines are from December to mid-February.
All forms listed above must be turned in PRIOR TO the BU January 15 program application deadline. Please contact the Study Abroad Advisor (Erica Ward 502.272.8423) if you have questions about the application process. Late applications will only be accepted if there is availability. NO applications (whether there is availability or not) will be accepted after February 15.
Program Payment Schedule:
Below is the payment schedule. Students can submit payments by check or money order (payable to Bellarmine University) or by credit card.
- January 15 (or next business day if the 15th falls on the weekend or a holiday): $250 application deposit is due to the IPO (Miles 149) along with the application materials.
- February 15 (or next business day if the 15th falls on the weekend or a holiday): $2000 of the program fee is due to the IPO (Miles 149).
- March 15 (or next business day if the 15th falls on the weekend or a holiday): remaining balance of the program fee is due to the IPO (Miles 149).
- Students will be billed for Bellarmine Summer Tuition (at a 50% discount) during the summer in the normal billing cycle (determined by Bellarmine's Bursar's Office).
After acceptance into a Faculty-led program and prior to departure:
- You must attend a MANDATORY Pre-Departure Orientation for all Bellarmine Faculty-Led Program participants. This orientation will be held on the Bellarmine campus in late March – early April. The IPO will contact you with the location, date, and time.
- You must complete and submit to the IPO (Miles 146-148) the Pre-Departure Orientation Attendance Form. This form must be signed by the student and parent/guardian.
- You must complete all required Study Abroad forms.
- You will need to come to the IPO (Miles 146-148) to pick up your Bellarmine Emergency ID card and verify that all of the information we have in your file is up to date.
Check out the Pre-Departure page to learn more.