Spring Break Programs: Priority deadline is Oct. 1. Final deadline is Oct. 15.
Summer Programs: Priority deadline is Dec. 1. Final deadline is Jan. 15.
Study Abroad Application Process for Short-Term Bellarmine Programs
In order to be approved to participate in a BU
study abroad program, you will need to complete the following application packet for the Office for Study Abroad & International Learning (OSAIL).
- Bellarmine University Application for Experiences Abroad (BU Programs) - For use by participants in internal Bellarmine University programs not administered by the OSAIL (e.g., Guatemala Service Program, India Service Program, India for Credit Program, Tropical Biology Belize/Bahamas, Australia PT/EXSC, MBA Abroad, MCOMM Costa Rica, PT Internships Abroad, Roehampton University PhD Research).
- Bellarmine University Application for Experiences Abroad - for all other programs (Study, Internship, Clinicals, Student Teaching, etc.)
- You will need to pay the application fee on the application form with a credit card.
- You will need to upload a copy of your passport to the application (if you do not have your passport yet, then upload a copy of the receipt showing you have applied for your passport).
- Bellarmine encourages all students to apply for study abroad scholarships. For a complete listing please click here.
Please feel free to set up an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor to discuss your scholarship options. Most summer scholarship deadlines are from December to mid-February.
The application must be submitted PRIOR TO the program application deadline. Please contact your faculty liaison or the Study Abroad Advisor (Bridget Klein 502.272.8423) if you have questions about the application process. Late applications will only be accepted if there is availability. Regardless of whether there is availability or not, applications will not be accepted later than one month after the final deadline.
Program Payment Schedule:
Below is the payment schedule (Spring Break Programs / Summer Programs). Students can submit payments by check or money order (payable to Bellarmine University) to the OSAILor the Bursar's Office or by credit card to the Bursar's Office.
- October 1 / December 1 (or next business day if this falls on the weekend or a holiday): Priority deadline - students who submit a complete application packet (including $250 deposit) will be entered into a drawing to get $250 off the program fee.
- October 15 / January 15 (or next business day if this falls on the weekend or a holiday): $250 application deposit is due along with the application packet.
- December 1 / February 15 (or next business day if this falls on the weekend or a holiday): $2000 of the program fee is due (or the balance if it is less than $2000).
- March 15 (or next business day if this falls on the weekend or a holiday): remaining balance of the program fee is due for summer programs.
For summer programs, students will be billed for Bellarmine Summer Tuition (at a 50% discount) during the summer in the normal billing cycle (determined by Bellarmine's Bursar's Office).
After acceptance into a Faculty-led program and prior to departure:
- You must attend a MANDATORY Pre-Departure Orientation for all Bellarmine Faculty-Led Programs. This orientation will be held on the Bellarmine campus in late March – early April for summer programs and in January for spring break programs. The OSAIL will contact you with the location, date, and time.
- You must complete and submit to the OSAIL (CNHH 111) the Pre-Departure Orientation Attendance Form. This form must be signed by the student and parent/guardian.
- You must complete all required Study Abroad forms.
- You will need to come to the OSAIL (CNHH 111) to pick up your Bellarmine Emergency ID card and verify that all of the information we have in your file is up to date.
Check out the Pre-Departure page to learn more.