KIIS Summer Study Abroad Application Process
For Bellarmine University
In order to be approved to participate in a BU study abroad program, you will need to complete the following forms for Bellarmine and bring them into the International Programs Office (Miles Hall 146-148).
How to Apply to a KIIS Study Abroad Program
- Go to www.kiis.org
- Read about your desired KIIS study abroad program (see links on homepage)
- Meet with Bellarmine’s Study Abroad Advisor Erica Ward, Miles 147, to complete all study abroad forms/documents required by Bellarmine.
- To apply for a KIIS program, click on any one of the following links that appear on the KIIS website:
- “To apply” (on left side menu of homepage)
- “MyKIIS” (on top horizontal menu-bar that appears on any kiis.org webpage)
- “Apply Now” (on homepage and on each KIIS program page
- By clicking on any one of the above links, you’ll be taken to the KIIS application page (called MyKIIS). This is the application page for all KIIS programs.
- On the MyKIIS page, you’ll need to set up an account (the same way you might set up a Gmail, Yahoo, etc. email account). To do so, click on the orange “Sign Up” button. It’s easy.
- After you sign in, you’ll be greeted by a welcome/detailed instruction sheet. We recommend you print out the instruction sheet.
- To begin, click on the “MyKIIS Application” link (at top of the welcome page).
- On the next screen, click on “Click here to create my new MYKIIS application” (located at center-top of screen)
- Complete the online application. Before you submit your application, remember to upload your short essay. (You will need to compose a 250 word essay and upload it to your application.)
*Note: Apply Early (by January 20th) for most programs & Save $100 (see dates on online MyKIIS instruction sheet).
- Pay your $250 application fee and submit the required forms (i.e. letter of recommendation, transcript, 3 photos, passport copy, etc. See online MyKIIS instruction sheet & below for details).
- Please request transcripts from ALL universities attended. Scan and email the transcript(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to have a faculty member write a letter of recommendation. The KIIS form is available on the KIIS website. Please have the faculty member send a copy of the recommendation to the International Programs Office Miles Hall 146. This form can be sent electronically.
- You will need to send in 3 photos and a copy of your passport or passport application. This should be sent to the same KIIS address listed on their website.
- You will need to pay the $250 application fee online via credit card or send in $250 in the form of a money order or cashier ’s check.
- Approximately 3 weeks AFTER the KIIS application deadline (March 5), you will be notified of your acceptance status.
After acceptance into a KIIS program and prior to departure:
- You must attend a MANDATORY orientation meeting for all KIIS participants that will be held in April. The date, time, and location are listed on their website. You also must attend a MANDATORY on-campus pre-departure orientation. The IPO will contact you with the date, time and location.
- You must complete all required KIIS forms online. Several of these will need to be notarized. The originals should be sent to KIIS at WKU.
- You will need to come to the IPO (Miles 146-148) to pick up your Bellarmine Emergency ID card and verify that all of the information we have in your file is up to date.