School of Education majors have the
opportunity to spend six to seven weeks abroad during their Student Teaching
Semester. This student teaching experience will complement their student
teaching in Kentucky. Currently, Bellarmine has an arrangement with Linköping University in Sweden where students can complete this exchange. Students are
placed in the Swedish schools where they participate in the classrooms as well
as after-school programs. There are opportunities to meet local university
students through orientation activities as well as residing in university
To learn more, contact Erica Ward, Study Abroad Advisor, and the School of Education Faculty Liaison.
In order to be approved to participate in the Student Teach Abroad Program, you will need to complete the following forms for Bellarmine and submit them into the IPO (Miles Hall 146-148). Deadline to apply: November 30.
Please feel free to set up an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor to discuss your scholarship options. Most scholarship deadlines are from December to March. Please contact the Study Abroad Advisor if you have questions about the application process.
After Acceptance After acceptance into the Student Teach Abroad program and prior to departure:
- You must attend a MANDATORY Pre-Departure Orientation for all Bellarmine Student Teach Abroad participants. This orientation will be held on the Bellarmine campus in late March – early April. The IPO will contact you with the location, date, and time.
- You must complete and submit to the IPO (Miles 146-148) the Pre-Departure Orientation Attendance Form. This form must be signed by the student and parent/guardian.
- You must submit to the IPO (Miles 146-148) a copy of your flight itinerary.
- You must submit to the IPO (Miles 146-148) the paperwork for the health, medical evacuation, and repatriation insurance (info on this insurance will be given to you at the Pre-Departure Orientation Form).
- You must complete all required Linköping forms that will be sent to you from their International Office.
- You will need to come to the IPO (Miles 146-148) to pick up your Bellarmine Emergency ID card and verify that all of the information we have in your file is up to date.