RN to BSN
BSN Program Accreditation
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW #530, Washington, DC 20036, tel. 202.887.6791.
RN to BSN Course Requirements
Read course descriptions and degree requirements here.
BSN Program Purpose
The purpose of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is to provide basic professional education. Graduates are prepared to function independently or in collaboration with other health care providers to serve individuals and families in hospitals and community settings. The program is designed to encourage students’ active participation in achieving program outcomes. Upon completion of the program, the graduates will have a recognition of and desire for continuing professional development and a sound foundation for pursuing graduate education in nursing.
BSN Program Objectives
Graduates of the BSN program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the application of critical thinking skills.
- Communicate effectively through oral, written, and technological means.
- Use therapeutic nursing interventions in accordance with the ANA standards of care.
- Function as a professional in accordance with the ANA standards of professional performance.
- Develop caring relationships that facilitate health and healing.
- Demonstrate leadership and political awareness to foster advocacy, health promotion, and health care delivery.
- Provide service to the profession and community.
- Possess the foundation for graduate education and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
BSN RN Track
This track is for registered nurses who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The curriculum is designed to be completed on a part-time basis. RNs who wish to be full-time students may meet with their faculty advisor to plan their course of study.
Requirements for Admission
- Completion of a state-approved prelicensure program for registered nursing.
- Proof of RN licensure.
- A resume on file in the School of Nursing.
- A personal interview, if requested by the Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee.
- Completion of the following lower-level General Education Requirements (pdf).
For admission information contact:
Lansing School of Nursing and Health Sciences Recruiter