Using Interlibrary Loan to Request Articles From Databases
Requesting Articles you discover when searching library databases.
- Make sure you have set up your interlibrary loan account. First-time users click here.
- If you are searching a database like Ebscohost or Proquest and the Item is not available in full-text in the database or in print in the library, you can request the article through interlibrary loan.
- Click the "Find It" button next to the article.
- Click "Online Request Form".
- Log on to your Illiad interlibrary loan account.
- The article request form will appear with the information for the article already entered.
- Click "Submit Request Form".
The images below illustrate the above process:
The search results above show a Find-It? button but not a link to the full-text article. Clicking on the" Find It?" button results in the following screen:
Clicking the "Online request form" link results in the following screen. Enter your Bellarmine network user ID and password.
The following screen appears with the article information automatically entered. Click "Submit Request".
The Following screen shows your outstanding requests. Your will receive an email notification whey your article is available with instructions on how to access it.
Questions: Contact the Library Reference Desk @ 502-272-8317