Bellarmine students recognize 14 outstanding employers
Bellarmine University students have recognized 14 local employers as Great Places to Work in 2011, based on their commitment to the success of their student interns. Of the 14, Brown-Forman and Summit Energy received top honors.
The "Great Places to Work" award is sponsored by Bellarmine's Career Development
office to recognize businesses that hire and support students in quality internship experiences. Students nominate their employers based on the experience and guidance they receive during their internships.
This is the fifth year for the awards.
2011 Great Places to Work:
- Brown-Forman Corporation – Leigh Pitman, Supervisor (top honors)
- Summit Energy – Jeff Sullivan, Supervisor (top honors)
- LG&E and KU Energy – Frank Mazza, Supervisor
- Kentucky Derby Museum – Wendy Treinen, Supervisor
- Papercone Corporation – Amy Ramsey, Supervisor
- Bellarmine University, Division of Student Affairs – Melanie Evans, Supervisor
- Mountjoy Chilton Medley CPAs – Becky Phillips, Supervisor
- Children's Hospital Foundation – Leslie Smart, Supervisor
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Jen Pitts, Supervisor
- Louisville Science Center – Molly Carpenter & Andrew Spence, Supervisors
- US Corps of Engineers, Louisville District, Public Affairs Office – Todd Hornback, Supervisor
- Kentucky World Trade Center – Darren Srebnick & Edwin Webb, Supervisors
- Crosley Radio/Modern Marketing Concepts – Bo Lemastus, Supervisor
- Horizon InFocus, Alan Fangman, Supervisor