Bellarmine graduates are leaders in their fields, from medicine, business and technology to spiritual service and sports. This year, the Bellarmine University Alumni Association
will honor eight alumni who have distinguished themselves through professional accomplishments, community service and demonstration of attitudes consistent with Bellarmine’s Catholic identity, Gospel values and the inclusive Thomas Merton spirit.
The annual Alumni Association Awards Dinner will be held Saturday, August 27, in Frazier Hall on Bellarmine University's campus. The dinner is open to the public. The cost is $40 per person or a discounted rate of $240 per table of eight. Cocktails begin at 6 p.m., with the dinner and program starting at 6:30 p.m.
The honorees are:
- Tom Thomas ’76, Alumnus of the Year. Former executive chairman and CEO of International Decision Systems and Bellarmine Board of Trustees chairman.
- Robert Bernauer ’71, Msgr. Horrigan Service Award. Lab manager for the Chemistry and Physics departments for the past 33 years.
- Mary Garner ’77, Silver & Scarlet Society. Matriarch of the Garner family, which has sent 11 family members to Bellarmine.
Gallery of Distinguished Graduates Inductees:
- Dr. Larry Goodwin ’68. President, College of St. Scholastica, Minnesota.
- Sister Roberta Bailey ’69, OSB. Prioress, Benedictine Sisters in Florida.
- Dr. Shawn Lockhart ’88. Research scientist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Dr. Mushtaque Juneja ’00 MBA. Anesthesiologist and international entrepreneur.
- Dennis Ogbe ’06/’07 MBA. U.S. representative to 2011 Paralympic World Championships.
For more information and to RSVP for the Awards Dinner, call 502-272-8333.
In addition, Bellarmine's Alumni Association has named Daniel Glaser ’70 the 2011 Accounting Alumnus of the Year. Glaser is the retired senior vice president and chief financial officer at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, and will be honored at the annual Accounting Alumni Luncheon on September 22. Call 502-272-8240 for more information on that event.
For more information on the Alumni Association, visit http://www.bellarmine.edu/alumni