"The least of the work of learning is done in the classroom." -- Thomas Merton
An internship offers supervised experience and on-the-job learning to bridge classroom theory with professional practice. Explore numerous internships available in Greater Louisville, as well as other opportunities across the nation and around the world. Create a customized internship to support your individual academic and professional goals. Aside from providing valuable work experience, additional features and benefits include the following.
- Choose from a variety of paid and unpaid internship opportunities with organizations large and small, for-profit and not-for-profit.
- Work full-time or part-time, during the school year or over the summer.
- With faculty approval, earn up to three academic credits for each unique internship experience.
- Test-drive a potential career, employer, industry and/or location of interest.
- Turn your internship into full-time job offer from your employer and others who value directly related work experience.
Nearly 75% of all Bellarmine students complete one or more internships for academic credit, and nearly all participate in some kind of experiential learning before they graduate. Click on the links to the right for more information and contact Career Development for additional guidance.