Unfortunately due to the high demand of the program, we are unable to quickly place clients with personal trainers. As a result, we have created a waiting list and are hiring more staff. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Whether you need to get healthy, spice up your
workout, or start from the very beginning the
SuRF Center’s personal training program will
help you achieve your goals!
The SuRF Center’s personal training program
provides quality one-on-one fitness instruction
that will help you reach your personal best. A
nationally certified personal trainer will work
individually with you to design a program tailored
to meet your needs, goals and experience level.
Click here for our personal training brochure (pdf).
Click here for our personal training application.
Personal Training Packages
- Undergraduate Student - Free (first session), $20 after
- Graduate Student - $20
- Faculty/Staff - Free (first three sessions), $22 after
- SuRF Member - $22
- Student - $95
- Faculty, Staff or SuRF Member - $105
- Student - $180
- Faculty, Staff or SuRF Member - $200
What to expect with personal training.
- 1 session is a great choice for healthy individuals with exercise experience that need a basic fitness program or desire to have an orientation to the fitness equipment.
- 5 sessions are ideal for individuals of all fitness levels that want to learn a thorough fitness/strength training program or expand/readjust an already existing program.
- 10 sessions 10 sessions are recommended for individuals who want to achieve long-term goals, stay motivated and build a solid exercise program, while making a lasting commitment to personal health and fitness.
- Fitness Assessment Packages of 5 and 10 sessions incorporate an initial fitness assessment which includes an evaluation of your current health, disease risk, body composition, and cardiovascular/muscular fitness. Information from your assessment will assist your personal trainer in developing a fitness program that meets your individual needs.
Each session is 60 minutes in length.
How do I get started?
- Complete the required Personal Training Health History Form (pdf) and the PAR-Q form (pdf) which are available on the SURF website or at the SURF front desk.
- Bring your completed forms to the SURF Center and pay for your personal training sessions.
- A member of the personal training staff will contact you within 2-3 business days to discuss your forms and set up your first personal training session.
The benefits of personal training
- Weight Loss
- Muscle Toning & Strengthening
- Improved Metabolism
- Performance Enhancement
- Personalized Instruction
Please contact Clare Dever, Director of Campus Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.272.8326.