The ARC needs notice three business days before a student takes a test here in order to make sure we have necessary personnel on hand. Testing in the ARC is typically available Monday through Friday (when classes are in session) beginning at 8:30 a.m. All exams must be completed by 5 p.m. on these designated days.
Test proctoring in the ARC is available to students who qualify for accommodations through the Disability Services Office, or students who miss a test because they are representing the university at a university-sanctioned event. The date and time at which students will take a test is decided by the professor teaching the course. Professors and students need to agree upon a testing date and time prior to the student signing up to test in the ARC. The ARC needs three business days notice prior to the test date from students in order to ensure that we have necessary personnel on hand. Testing in the ARC is typically available Monday through Friday (when classes are in session) beginning at 8:30 a.m. and all exams must be completed by 5 p.m. on these designated days.
The form is located in myBellarmine. You will be prompted to log in prior to being able to fill out the form:
Please read through the following information on test-taking procedures and academic policies.
YOU MUST ARRIVE AT THE TIME YOU SELECT. THERE IS NO 15 MINUTE ARRIVAL WINDOW.
No exceptions will be made for late registration due to volume of exams. We suggest that you register for all tests well in advance of the 3 business day deadline.
- Current Day Monday — Earliest schedule day possible Thursday
- Current Day Tuesday — Earliest schedule day possible Friday
- Current Day Wednesday — Earliest schedule day possible Monday
- Current Day Thursday — Earliest schedule day possible Tuesday
- Current Day Friday — Earliest schedule day possible Wednesday
- Current Day Saturday — Earliest schedule day possible Thursday
- Current Day Sunday — Earliest schedule day possible Thursday
- Course Information: Students must know their instructor’s name and the name of the course/exam they are taking. Students must arrive at the ARC Testing Center with adequate time to complete the exam (per instructor’s guidelines).
- Scheduling: Students must schedule the appointment three business days before the test (i.e. for a Monday test student should schedule the test date no later than the Wednesday prior) via the online signup above. Appointments are given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If a student arrives late for an exam, that time is deducted from the allowed testing time. Students will not be given an extension of time if s/he starts the exam late.
- Testing appointments typically begin at 8:30 a.m. Monday-Friday. There is no testing on weekends.
- The ARC closes at 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday during the fall and spring semesters. Regardless of a student's accommodations, all tests must be completed by 5 p.m.
- Time Allocated: Students are only permitted to use the allotted time as outlined by their instructor or as stated on their Letter of Accommodation.
- ID: Students must have a current, valid, recognizable Bellarmine, state or federal issued photo ID.
- Disruptive Behavior: Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Any student acting in a disruptive manner will be asked to leave the testing room.
- Surrender Exams and Materials:
- Exams are collected when the allotted testing time (as described by the instructor or in the accommodation letter) has ended.
- Students must turn in all testing materials, including scratch paper, to the testing proctor before leaving.
Bellarmine University Academic Resource Center Academic Honesty Policy
All students taking exams in the ARC must adhere to the Bellarmine Academic Honesty policy as stated in the course catalog. If a student is suspected of cheating on an exam, the proctor will report the incident to the faculty member for whose class the exam was required. The faculty member will take action, which may include a failing grade "F" on the exam or a failing grade "F" in the course. Additional actions which may be taken can be found in the catalog under “Academic Honesty.”
To maintain Bellarmine’s commitment to academic honesty, the ARC has implemented the following rules:
- Materials and personal belongings are not allowed in the testing room, including hats, sunglasses, purses, backpacks, books, papers, cell phones, etc. Any exceptions will be noted on the directions of the exam.
- No Breaks While Testing: The exam must be completed in one sitting. Students may not begin the exam, then leave and come back at a later time to finish (unless specified on the accommodation letter).
- Computer Usage: Computers are only used for taking online exams or with the permission of the instructor. Students may not visit outside sources during the exam and should rent Internet-disabled laptops from the library.
Students who disregard these rules are subject to being charged with breaking the university’s academic honesty policy. All students will be monitored by a proctor and video surveillance. Proctors in the testing center will monitor during the exam. Monitoring includes watching from a seated position in the room, walking through the room, and viewing a computer screen showing a video feed from the cameras that are in use inside the testing room.
For questions, please contact the ARC at 502.272.7400.