The Early Knights program is an opportunity for incoming students of color to connect with Bellarmine in the summer prior to enrollment. During this experience, students will:
- Engage with a peer mentor who will lead them through the program and answer questions about BU.
- Connect with incoming students of color who will be part of their journey for the next four years.
- Discover their leadership style and how to get involved on campus their first semester.
- Network and meet Bellarmine faculty members of color and in their major.
- Determine strategies for success during their first year and beyond.
- Explore cultural opportunities in the city of Louisville, such as the Muhammad Ali Center, and engage in service.
- Opportunity to connect with other incoming students of color, faculty and staff and upper class mentors.
- Early experience living in the Residence Halls on campus
- Exploration of the city of Louisville and connection to community partners and service
- Sessions and workshops focused on leadership, identity development, the student experience and more.
Registration and Program Fee
Registration for the Early Knights program is only open to students of color. The registration fee for this program is $25. This fee is due at registration and covers your housing for the 3 day, 2 night experience, all meals, transportation, activities and t-shirt. Registration is open to the first 40 students to complete the online form and finalize payment. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation within two business days.
How much does the program cost?
To confirm your spot at Early Knights, $25 due at registration. Please note that there are only 40 spots available! This fee covers all meals for the experience, travel, lodging, t-shirt and programming.
What happens if I can’t come after I register?
Please email email@example.com by June 25 if you can no longer attend. After this date, it is expected that you will attend the program. Please note that your registration fee is non-refundable.
What time should I arrive?
Check-in for Early Knights is at 11 a.m. on Sunday, July 8. More information about check-in will be sent out once you have registered for the program.
Where will I be sleeping?
All students will be staying in Kennedy-Newman Hall, a conjoined residence hall on Bellarmine’s campus. You can view the amenities here.
Will I have a roommate?
Yes. You will be sharing a room at least with one other person. If you need special accommodations, please let us know!
Will I need to bring money?
All meals, snacks, beverages, transportation and supplies are provided to students at no cost. Students may wish to bring spending money at their discretion, but it is not needed.
Are parents/family members allowed to join in on sessions or participate in the program?
There will be a 30-minute presentation on the first day of the program right after checking into the residence halls. After that, only students will be participating.
About the Sponsoring Office
The Office of Identity and Inclusion (OII) creates educational opportunities for members of the Bellarmine community to critically examine their beliefs, values and assumptions as it relates to multiculturalism. To ensure we fulfill our mission, we are committed to offering co-curricular programs that acknowledge and reflect the experiences of underrepresented populations, while also providing educational opportunities for all members of the campus community to examine their individual and group experiences within a culturally diverse society. This is includes identity-based programs such as Black History Month, Pride Week, and our Latinx/Hispanic Heritage Celebration as well as monthly dialogues focused on exploring identity and social justice. The underlying goal of these endeavors is to construct a community that acknowledges the multiple perspectives and backgrounds that are present on campus, thereby creating an inclusive and celebratory campus environment where all students, staff and faculty are valued and affirmed.
For more information on OII, please contact: Linh Nguyen at 502.272.8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.