Bellarmine University will officially inaugurate our fourth president, Susan M. Donovan, Ph.D., with a full week of events on October 23-28, 2017.
Bellarmine’s inauguration week will be a celebration of the university’s mission and values with a public lecture, opportunities to engage with Dr. Donovan and more. Dr. Donovan will be inaugurated on Friday, October 27, with a morning Mass at St. Agnes Church followed by an afternoon inauguration ceremony in Knights Hall. The inauguration ceremony will be broadcast live on this website.
For more information, or if you need special accommodations, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In celebration of Bellarmine University’s Fourth Inauguration, please support Dr. Donovan’s commitment to student scholarship aid to ensure the promise of an outstanding education for our students, 40% of whom are first generation students.
Monday, October 23
Inauguration Week festivities begin with events focused on students and service, the cornerstones of Bellarmine’s identity and mission.
The Dare to Care sorting with Dr. Donovan
Undergraduate Student Carnival
- 10 a.m. in Hilary’s
- (Students only)
Graduate Student Reception
- 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. location TBD
Tuesday, October 24
President's Breakfast with Staff
Pioneer Scholars Lunch with the President and Service Event
President’s Reception with the Faculty
- 11 a.m. - noon in Frazier Hall
Pioneer Scholars Program supports first-generation students to be the first in their family to complete a four-year degree through a peer mentoring program. Currently 39.4% of the first-year cohort is first-generation. This is an opportunity for first-year first-generation students and mentors involved in Pioneer Scholars to have lunch with Dr. Donovan and take part in a service project with Norton Healthcare.
- 4 - 6 p.m. in the Frazier Board Room
Wednesday, October 25
Guarnaschelli Lecture featuring Ari Shapiro
- Lecture, 7 p.m. in Frazier Hall (Free and open to the public)
Thursday, October 26
Alumni Inauguration Event
Friday, October 27
- Mass, 10 a.m. at St. Agnes Church
- Inauguration Ceremony, 2 p.m. in Knights Hall
- Knights Hall doors open at 1:15 p.m.
Saturday, October 28
- 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Franciscan Kitchen.
- Student sign-ups are required for this event.
- Spaces are limited, please email email@example.com to sign up.
Knight of Knights Inauguration Gala
- 6 p.m.— Cocktails
- 7 - 11 p.m.—Dinner, Program and Dancing
- Sports, Recreation and Fitness Center (Behind Knights Hall)
- Black Tie/Valet Parking
- (For President’s Society members and sponsors)
- To learn more about this event, please visit our Knight of Knights page.