Frequently Asked Questions
What courses are required to complete the program?
- A total of 120 semester hours, of which at least 30 must be taken at Bellarmine University.
- At least 24 semester hours at the 300- and 400-level, exclusive of General Education requirements.
- No more than 24 semester hours in a single discipline. A student who transfers to Bellarmine with more than 24 hours in a single discipline may count all of those hours, but no additional hours taken in that discipline may count toward the degree.
- 43 credit hours that satisfy the General Education Requirements
- 21 credit hours in the Humanities (Art, Communications, English, Global Languages, Music, Philosophy, Theatre, Theology). Gen Ed courses cannot also be used to fulfill this requirement. Credit hours meeting the Global Language Requirement can also apply toward the 21 hours in the Humanities requirement.
- 15 credit hours in the Social Sciences (Anthropology, Criminal Justice, Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology). Gen Ed courses cannot also be used to fulfill this requirement.
- 41 credit hours of Electives
Integrated Studies majors must complete six credits of a foreign language or satisfy the Bellarmine College of Arts and Sciences Bachelor of Arts foreign language proficiency requirement. If this requirement is met with the proficiency exam option, students
must take additional elective credits in order to meet the 120 overall credit requirement.
What employment opportunities are available with a degree in Integrated Studies?
By focusing on critical thinking, problem-solving and communication, a liberal studies degree prepares students for a variety of career options in the areas of business, law, education, communication, psychology, and more. In addition, the degree is great preparation for graduate study, in law school, business school, seminary programs and Master of Fine Arts in writing programs—even medical school.
Do you provide job or internship placement?
Yes. Bellarmine guarantees every student the opportunity to have an internship, develop a career plan and build a professional network.
Is financial aid available?
Yes. Please go to Bellarmine’s financial aid website for detailed information on financial aid packages. Additionally, students can work with our Faculty Development Center to apply for grants and
awards outside of the Bellarmine offerings.
How many hours can I expect to spend studying outside of class time?
Students have their own learning styles so this can vary greatly. As a rule of thumb, expect to spend an average of two hours studying for every hour you spend in class.