Bellarmine University / Bellarmine Bound / Bellarmine Bound Frequently Asked Questions

Bellarmine Bound Frequently Asked Questions

What if I lose my one.bellarmine login information?

If you lose your one.bellarmine login information and you have never been on the student portal before (or never changed your password) call the admission office 502.272.7100 and we can help you out. If you have logged in before and have changed your password already, call the Technology Support Center 502.272.8301 and they can reset it for you.

What day do we move onto campus?

Move-in day is August 18 for the 2018-2019 school year. You will receive more information about what time closer to that date.

When and how do I get my Bellarmine ID made?

If you did not have your ID and live close to campus, feel free to go to our Technology Support Center, in the A level of the Library anytime between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Call them to check Friday hours, as they change in the summer months. Those of you who do not have time to come to campus or live too far away, you will have the opportunity to get your ID made at Knight U and during Knight L.I.F.E. orientation.

When do I get my parking sticker?

Your parking pass/sticker will be available for pick up during orientation.

What are the dates for orientation?

Knight L.I.F.E. orientation is from August 18-22 for the Class of 2022.

How do I get you information about my AP/IB/dual credit courses?

In order to receive credit for you AP and IB courses, have the test results sent to us, just like you do for ACT or SAT tests. For dual credit courses we will need an official transcript sent to us from the institutions the dual credit is coming from.

When will I get my housing assignment and roommate?

Mid-June housing assignments and roommate information is completed, so expect it then. If you would like to change something on your housing application before you receive this, please call Residence Life at 502.272.7272.

Can I come and take a look at my room over the summer?

Unfortunately we have camps going on during the summer, so we cannot promise you can see your exact room but we do have showrooms, that we use for our tours, for each hall so you can get a good idea of what your room will look like. Also there are pictures posted on the Admission’s Facebook page and on BU’s website.

What kinds of placement tests are offered for me to skip courses and how does that work?

The only courses that students can test out of are foreign language courses. Every student will have to take the Foreign Language Placement Test (located on the Becoming a Knight checklist) and depending on the score of that test, students will be encouraged to take the Webcape test, which determines if students are proficient enough to test out of foreign language.

As a commuter, is there anything I need to be doing differently?

Not at all, resident and commuters have the exact same things to check off and complete, except for the Residence Life application.

What day do commuters need to be at orientation?

Commuters will check in at the centralized check-in station on the first day of Knight L.I.F.E. orientation, August 19. Information about this will be sent to you during the summer.

What do I do if I change my major or need to change my class schedule over the summer?

Call the Student Success Center at 502.272.7400. They can change your major or alter your schedule for you. They will also provide you with advice on the best classes to take.

What kinds of placement tests are offered for me to skip courses and how does that work?

Bellarmine requires all BA degree candidates in Bellarmine College to be proficient in a foreign language at the 102 level to be eligible for graduation. All entering undergraduate students for the Bellarmine College of Arts and Sciences with language background are required to take the WebCAPE foreign language placement test to complete their new student registration. Click here for frequently asked questions about language placement testing.