New in the 2021-22 academic year, Bellarmine University has taken steps to ensure that all undergraduate and graduate students will receive all required books and other educational materials at a reduced cost as part of their tuition.
Bellarmine’s OnCourse initiative, offered in partnership with Follett Higher Education Group, ensures that all students have the materials they need on the first day of classes at a reduced cost. As always, your professor thoughtfully selects the
materials you’ll need for each course.
There are several benefits to this approach:
- Access to all books and course materials increases the likelihood of academic success.
- Institutions participating in this Follett program have reported increased GPAs for traditional and non-traditional students.
- Additionally, the number of students withdrawing from courses decreased after one year of implementing the program.
- This initiative allows the vendor to buy in bulk; as a consequence, students will save money.
- Follett projects that OnCourse prices per credit hour will be lower than current prices.
- At the same time, students will now be able to use financial aid to pay upfront for the direct cost of books and course materials.
- Undergraduate students will see OnCourse reflected as part of their tuition beginning in Fall 2021.
- All students will receive OnCourse materials at a cost of $25 per credit hour, included as part of their tuition charge.
- Bellarmine OnCourse ensures that all students will have all their course materials, whether in print or digitally, on the first day of classes.
Learn more on our OnCourse site.