The Bellarmine Blog

Students in front of a banner that reads Bellarmine's Newest Alum

Financial Aid

At Bellarmine, all students get help funding their future

Affordability

Bellarmine University is a top-notch, well-ranked private university with a reputation for excellence. It’s also affordable and accessible to everyone.  

Bellarmine guarantees a scholarship to 100 percent of admitted first-year students. And, thanks to scholarships, grants, loans and work-study, there are many additional ways to finance your Bellarmine education.

“I received a lot more financial aid to attend Bellarmine than I ever expected,” said Lauren Henry, a Pre-Med Biology major. “It was actually my most affordable university to attend out of all the ones I applied to. It was cheaper than my in-state tuition at the end of the day and that was something that I never imagined was possible that I would be able to go to a private university and get the one-on-one education that I really was looking for at an amazing cost compared to all of my other options.” 

I received a lot more financial aid to attend Bellarmine than I ever expected

Bellarmine’s Financial Aid team works with students to help them maximize their financial aid package. Last year, Financial Aid was able to offer an average comprehensive award of nearly $38,000 (including loan opportunities) for the incoming class. 

“Bellarmine definitely was the most cost-effective for me in terms of scholarships,” said Sarah Barry, a vocal performance major, who received scholarships through the university’s financial aid office and the Music Department, along with work-study opportunities. “My family is very grateful.”

There are numerous other ways to make your Bellarmine education affordable, as well.

For example, Bellarmine’s partnership with Jefferson, the 2BU program allows students from that school easily transfer to Bellarmine without any application fees. The university’s Public Price Promise grants qualifying students the opportunity to attend Bellarmine by matching the overall cost of their state’s flagship university.

Students and alumni agree – what you end up paying is worth it.

“There's definitely a huge return on investment that I foresee with my degree from Bellarmine,” Henry said. “I really think that my time here and that degree that I'm going to receive is what will get me into graduate school it's what's going to get into medical school and ultimately opens the gate to my entire future as an aspiring Physician...all the doors are open for me after my four years here.”  

Tags: Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Affordability

Tags: Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Affordability

Tags: Financial Aid

LATEST BLOG POSTS

See all posts.

Financial Aid

Affordability

Tags: Financial Aid

Learn more about Bellarmine University.
Provide your student's info below and we will be in touch.

You May Also Be Interested In

Cheyenne

Your Education Awaits

Bellarmine University offers more than 60 majors in the arts and sciences, business, education, communication, environmental studies, nursing and health sciences.

FIND YOUR MAJOR
Library

Financing Your Future is Easier Than it Seems

Thanks to scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study, there are many ways to make your Bellarmine education affordable.

EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS
Students cheering at basketball game

Helping You Succeed with a Robust College Experience

A Bellarmine University experience is designed to help students succeed academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.

LEARN MORE

ABOUT BELLARMINE

Located in the historic Highlands neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky, Bellarmine University is a vibrant community of educational excellence and ethical awareness that consistently ranks among the nation’s best colleges and universities. Our students pursue an education based in the liberal arts – and in the distinguished, inclusive Catholic tradition of educational excellence, the oldest and most rewarding in the western world. It is a lifelong education, worthy of the university’s namesake, Saint Robert Bellarmine, and of his invitation to each of us to learn and live In Veritatis Amore – in the love of all that is beautiful, true and good in life.