Through this online, 5-course, self-paced certificate program, learn the advantages and disadvantages, the pros and cons, and the dos and don’ts of Shared-Expense Housing Management. The five courses focus on planning, communication, leadership,
finance and legal basics.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL: Property managers, those who aspire to be Condo/HOA property managers and committed volunteer condo/HOA board volunteers/leaders.
- Intro to Condominium/HOA Property Management
- Mastery in Communications: The Foundation of Your Relationships
- Dealing with and Leading People: Difficult to Wonderful
- Legal Basics & Board Member Due Diligence & Collaboration
- Financial Planning to Sustain the Property and Promote Harmony
Course content is a combination of reading material, videos and instructor videos. There are multiple choice questions and essay questions or both at the end of the 15 modules in each course. Most instructor video mini-lessons are 3 to 5 minutes each.
See class video samples here. Each course is estimated to take anywhere from 45 to 90 hours to complete.
Students who complete all five courses earn their CCHOAM™ designation and will receive a Certificate of Completion from Bellarmine University. Preview the certificate here.
INSTRUCTOR: Patrick Hohman has been a volunteer condo board member for more than 30 years. He has also served as an onsite manager at another condominium association. He has taught condo/HOA volunteer board members at Bellarmine University
since 2005. He is author of Condos, Townhomes and Homeowner Associations: How to make your investment safer. He was featured on PBS in 2010 (see video) for a special on Protecting Condo Investments.
Registration information: To register, visit www.bellarmine.edu/ce/register and find the program under “CE Enrichment."
*Access begins March 1, 2021. After March 1, it takes up to 2 business days for your online access to be issued via email.
Tuition: $2,250 per student for the 5 course Certificate Program $495 per student to take an individual course
- Hohman, Patrick (2009). Condos Townhomes and Home Owner Associations: How to make your investment safer ISBN: 978-0-9822345-0-1
- Tracy, Bryan (2013). Time Management ISBN: 13: 978-0-8144-3343-0
- Maxwell, John C. (1999). The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader ISBN: 13: 978-0-7852-6796-6
- Garner, Bryan A. (2012). HBR (Harvard Business Review) Guide to Better Business Writing, ISBN: 978: 1-4221-8403-5
- Eddy, Bill, LCSW, Esq (2018). Identifying and Dealing with Narcissists, Sociopaths, and Other High-Conflict Personalities: 5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life, ISBN: 978-0-14-313136-6