Who should enroll?
This course is relevant for educators, childcare providers, healthcare professionals, behavioral health
professionals, social workers, child advocacy providers, pastoral care professionals and foster parents.
CEPR 650 / 2 Thursdays / October 8 and 15 / 8 a.m. – noon / $149
Continuing Education Hours available for Social Workers and Psychologists
Nursing contact hours 8.4, KBN #3-00031-12-19-122-2-2-2. To receive the contact hours, you must attend the program in its entirety.
Instructor: Anthony M. Zipple, ScD., MBA, psychologist, is a leader in the Bounce® Coalition,
which works to build resilience in children and families by improving knowledge about the
impact of ACEs and the skills to help people bounce back from adversity. Anthony has expertise in
positive psychology and its application to a wide range of special populations.
Recognize the lifelong impact of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- Identify strategies for mitigating the effects of ACEs in both children and caregivers
- Identify strategies for improving the ability of organizations to support people who have experienced ACEs-related trauma and toxic stress
October 8 Schedule
- 8:00 - 8:15 a.m. Welcome, introductions, learning objectives (Zipple)
- 8:15 - 9:45 a.m. Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences and their Implications for lifelong health and wellness. Signs and symptoms of ACEs related trauma and toxic stress. (Zipple)
- 9:45 - 10:00 a.m. Break
- 10:00 - 11:45 a.m. Strategies for mitigating the effects of ACEs by building individual resilience. The impact of secondary trauma. Development of self-care plans. (Zipple)
- 11:45 a.m. - Noon Wrap-up and evaluation (Zipple)
October 15 Schedule
8:00 - 8:15 a.m. Welcome, learning objectives (Zipple)
- 8:15 - 9:30 a.m. Lens of equity and barriers to resilience (Zipple)
- 9:30 - 9:45 a.m. Break
- 9:45 -11:00 a.m. Overcoming barriers to resilience in our lives and organizations (Zipple)
- 11:00 - 11:45 a.m. Developing a culture of resilience: Toward real well being in our lives and community (Zipple)
- 11:45 a.m. - noon Wrap-up and evaluation (Zipple)
Register online at www.bellarmine.edu/ce/register
- 100% if notification is received 7 or more days before the first workshop.
- 50% if notification is received fewer than 7 days before the first workshop.
- No refund after the program begins.
- A $20 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.