What we do
We design, produce and publish content in support of strategic and integrated communication initiatives. Our work reaches a wide audience, including current and future students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and the general public – locally, regionally and internationally. Our efforts run the gamut of virtually all marketing and communication disciplines, including print, web, mobile, video, social media, advertising, email, media relations, publications and direct mail. This means that we have a lot of opportunities for students to dig in and really get the most out of their time here. Our student interns learn from communications professionals on the job, use the latest tools and gain real-world experience.
What you can learn
- develop your design skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- gain web and basic programming skills
- develop and enrich communication competence in both oral and written contexts
- work with individuals and departments university-wide to accomplish communication goals
- create branded marketing campaigns in different media platforms
- edit and produce videos
- use Switcher, a new video platform
- improve your time management and detail-orientation
Projects we want help with
- B roll creation – video is becoming more important for our web presence and we would like to have more film to pull from. That is where you come in. Armed with a video camera and a DSLR camera, we will send you out to take pics and video of Louisville and campus for future use.
- Day-to-day – business cards, notecards, signage, website updates and digital signage are a few of our every day pieces that we could always use assistance working through.
- Writing – preparing news releases and feature stories for publication, and developing social media content.
Send your resume and, if you have them, samples of your work to Maria Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.