Who may have an event at Bellarmine?
Bellarmine organizations, students, faculty, staff, and alumni make up the majority of events hosted on campus. If there is availability, we welcome external individuals and organizations so long as the event does not conflict with the mission of Bellarmine University.

Does Bellarmine have a facility for weddings?
While Bellarmine has several locations that are great for wedding receptions, we are not able to accommodate wedding ceremonies.

May I bring in outside or donated food items?
All food service on campus must be arranged through Sodexo. Contact catering@bellarmine.edu for additional assistance.

Can alcohol be served at my event?
Alcohol may be served at events, but is not available for purchase through Bellarmine or Sodexo. Our preferred vendor is Old Town (502.451.8591). The sale of alcohol, including a cash bar or drinks included with the purchase of a ticket, is not permitted on campus. Event host must hire TIPS certified bartenders through Sodexo to serve at the event. 

Why do I need event insurance for my event at Bellarmine?
Insurance is required for events at Bellarmine to protect the university, licensee, vendors and guests. Many facilities require this insurance for contracted events and is very easy to get. If the event host is an individual or organization that does not have existing insurance, it must be purchased through Special Markets Insurance Consultants Campus Connexions. To get a quote, click here. Homeowners insurance will not be accepted as proof of insurance.

The “Certificate of Insurance” must include the following:

  • Name of organization and event name.
  • All Licensee setup, event, and breakdown dates.
  • Minimum $1,000,000 general liability coverage.
  • BELLARMINE UNIVERSITY must be listed as additional insured.

Some guests coming may be smokers, do you have smoking areas?
Bellarmine is a tobacco-free campus—smoking or tobacco products are not allowed on the premises.

What kind of decorations am I allowed/not allowed to use?
Signs, plaques, banners, or decorations may not be attached to the wood, walls, ceilings, or light fixtures. Our facility department can hang banners, if needed, at an additional charge.

Confetti, glitter, helium balloons, bubbles, and fog machines are not permitted. Birdseed may only be used outside. Candles must be enclosed in glass shade or containers. 

Can we put a room on hold?
A deposit must be paid in order to secure a place and time.