Federal regulations require borrowers of a Federal Direct Loan to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). This promissory note is your promise to repay the loan under the terms detailed within it. Before the Office of Financial Aid is able to disburse loan funds, it must have record that you have completed an MPN for each type of loan you accepted.
To complete the MPN:
- Go to www.studentaid.gov.
- Click the blue “Log In” button on top right.
- Enter your FSA ID username and password (If you do not have an FSA ID, follow the ‘Create Account’ link to create one).
- Click “Complete Aid Process” at the top of the page.
- Click on “Complete a Master Promissory Note”
Click ‘Start’ for “I’m an Undergraduate Student”
- Follow the instructions and read the information carefully to sign your MPN.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 502.272.7300.