Week of Welcome at Bellarmine incorporates convocation, educational activities, social events and community service to get every student ready for their first year at Bellarmine.
Week of Welcome starts with Central Check-in on Saturday, August 17 and lasts until Wednesday, August 21. You should coordinate work schedules and other commitments to assure you are present the entire week. Classes will begin Thursday, August 22.
Saturday, August 17
- 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Residential Check-In in Frazier Hall
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Commuter Check-In in Frazier Hall
- Noon - 4:00 p.m. Picnic in the Quad
- 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Matriculation Book Signing and Gown Pick Up on the second floor of Centro
- 4:30 p.m. Student Line-Up in Pasteur Hall
- 5:00 p.m. Convocation Ceremony in Knights Hall
- 8:30 p.m. First-Year Hall Meetings (Residential Students)
Sunday, August 18
- 2:30 p.m. Week of Welcome Kick-Off in SuRF
- 3:30 p.m. Depart for IgKnight: A required first-year event planned by current students, this overnight tradition takes students away from campus for two days. During this time, first-year students will have time to explore who they are, why they are at Bellarmine, and how they will use their strengths to find success. All first-year students will take the Gallup CliftonStrengths assessment. There will also be plenty of time for fun including zip lining, canoeing, hiking and more! Students will go to one of two locations: Country Lake Christian Retreat Center or Loucon Training and Retreat Center.
Monday, August 19
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. IgKnight
- 9:00 p.m. Return to campus from IgKnight
Tuesday, August 20
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Various activities including meeting with your first-year focus instructor and class
- 7:00 - 11:00 p.m. Knight on Campus: Silent Disco, Amazing Race, Putt-Putt in library, craft projects, food and fun!
Wednesday, August 21
- 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Knights in Action: Morning of Service