The MSN/MBA program offers professional nurses a unique opportunity to prepare for
leadership, management, and health policy roles in health care organizations. Students complete requirements of
both the MSN nursing administration track and the MBA program. Nine hours from the MBA are applied to the
MSN requirements of NURS 625, NURS 639, and an elective.
Admission to the Master’s program requires approval by the
MSN Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee.
Admission of applicants is based upon the following criteria:
- Complete the application at bellarmine.edu/applynow.
- BSN from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
- Goal statement: The goal statement is your opportunity to tell us
(as specifically as you can at this time) about your career plans after
you finish your master’s degree. This statement provides us with a
sample of your writing ability and helps faculty determine your fit
with Bellarmine’s offered program.
- Two professional references. The strongest recommendations are from managers, directors, professors or others in a supervisory capacity. Recommendations from friends, other students, or co-workers are not appropriate.
- Resume describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer
- Proof of active, unrestricted license to practice nursing in Kentucky
and/or compact state.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (if requested).
- Final official transcript(s) from each college or university attended should be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admission and should not be marked “Issued to Student.” Note: It is the student’s responsibility to request all official transcripts. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the institution to Bellarmine University and should not be marked issued to student or addressed to the student.
- If any transcript(s) or undergraduate degree(s) is from an international institution, you must provide an official copy of a third-party course by course credential evaluation Bellarmine University. The following organizations offer this service and information regarding processes and fees are available at: www.aacrao.org, www.wes.org, and www.ece.org. The Office of Graduate Admission reserves the right to request a certified copy of the original transcript(s).
In addition to meeting the requirements
for admission, please submit the following:
Language Proficiency. Language proficiency is required to ensure that students within the department of nursing are able to communicate with a diverse population. The department of nursing accepts one of the following as evidence of required language proficiency:
- TOEFL-iBT (internet-based test) and receive a total score of 83 or higher AND a score of 26 or higher on the speaking test OR
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and receive a total band score of 7 or higher AND a speaking band score of 8 or higher OR
- Language training at an approved center. Bellarmine University recognized the following standards and centers: English Language Services level 112 (http://www.els.edu/en); Interlink Level 5 (http://interlink.edu/); Intensive Language Program at Indiana University Level 6 (http://iep.indiana.edu/); and other centers may be approved at the discretion of the Admission, Progression and Graduation committee of the Department of Nursing.
International students who are exempt from language proficiency requirements are the following:
- Students who are citizens of or have completed a degree from a TOEFL exempt country.
- Students who have a secondary or high school diploma earned in TOEFL exempt countries.
- International students who have completed at least one year of full time university study or its equivalent (i.e., a minimum of 24 earned credit hours or its equivalent and earned a 2.0 GPA) in a TOEFL exempt country.
Only official score reports will be accepted.
Financial Affidavit. All applicants must provide
credible evidence (e.g. a bank statement, letter on
bank stationary attesting to the availability of funds,
etc.) of the ability to fund the cost of attending Bellarmine
University for one academic year. If funds
are provided by another person on behalf of the
student, an affidavit must accompany the financial
Proof of Passport. Scan of passport ID page must
show validity for 6 months post completion of the